- Resolution: 16.1 mp
- LCD Size: 3"
- Shutter: 4 ~ 1/1500 sec
The Nikon COOLPIX L810 is the company's latest entry into the entry-level, medium-range zoom, point-and-shoot category. This lightweight and versatile camera is not bad for the price, but it looks a lot more feature-rich than it actually is. You get decent pictures in auto mode, video at 30 fps, and it all works on inexpensive AA batteries. That said, any digital camera in 2012 will do best on rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.
As far as a point-and-shoot goes, the camera's strongest selling point is its ease of use. Though the controls are a little awkward, using the COOLPIX L810 is not at all complicated. There are just enough features to let you think you're creating great shots manually, but enough built-in safety to protect you against any lack of knowledge.
On the downside this camera appears to be very cheaply made in its construction. Though it certainly is light weight, in the hands of feels as though it couldn't withstand a drop from even a moderate height. The plastic case feels fragile as well. As for picture quality, it does fairly well under normal conditions, so if you're simply taking a few shots to upload to FaceBook or put on a CD, the COOLPIX L810 is adequate. But noticeable image degradation begins to occur at higher ISOs. Video is adequate, but nothing to write home about.
Advantages: inexpensive price; 26x zoom lens; ease of use; AA battery capability; 50 MB internal storage.
Disadvantages: inconsistent picture and video performance; cheap construction; slow autofocus and shot recovery; low light and flash issues.
Release Date: February 1, 2012
- Megapixel Count: 5/5
- Lens: 3.5/5
- Shutter Lag & Sensor Size: 4/5
- Flash: 3/5
- Memory Card: 5/5
- Resolution: 16 mp
- Kit Lens: Nikkor 26x xZoom lens
- View Finder: None
- LCD Size: 3"
- ISO: auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- Shutter: 4 ~ 1/1500 sec.
- Max Aperture: F3.1 - F5.9
- Dimensions: 111 x 76 x 83 mm (4.37 x 2.99 x 3.27")
- Weight: 430 g (0.95 lb / 15.17 oz)
- MSRP: USD $279
- Availability: worldwide
- General Information: 20 scene modes 3 exposure modes, 5 white balance presets; additional features include auto red-eye reduction, image rotation, subject detection, smart portrait
- Image Sensor: CCD 16 mp
- Image Capture: JPEG format; 6 res. options
- Video Capture: 720p, H.264 MPEG-4 format; 2 res. options
- Optics: Nikkor Nikkor 26x xZoom lens, no manual focus; focal length 23-585 mm
- Auto Focus: yes; with face and contrast detection
- Display: 3" TFT-LCD with Anti-reflection coating
- Exposure and Flash: ±2 EV (at 1/3 EV steps); built-in flash with 16.4 ft. range (wide angle)
- Image Storage: SD, SDHC, SDXC; 50 MB internal
- Connectivity: high speed USB, HDMI, composite video/audio
- Power: 4 x AA Alkaline battery, 4 x AA Lithium battery, 4 x AA NiMH rechargeable
- Software: ViewNX 2, Utilities & Drivers